Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer of S.A.H.M.M.

Okay...so, technically, it's the Summer of S.A.H.D (Stay At Home Dad), but I was a huge Michael Keaton fan as a kid, so I'm going to go with S.A.H.M.M. (Stay At Home Mr. Mom).

I know I've slacked on posting this summer. Admitting it's the first step in finding the motivation to rewire a DeLorean and travel back to tell my younger self to go to bed earlier every night...

Well, it doesn't seem to have worked...it's late and I'm still typing.

I didn't blog much this summer because by the time my day was over and the kids were snuggling on top of their covers (they don't seem to like the bottom side of sheets) asking for me to cuddle with them, I tucked my motivation to type in next to them and trudged out to the living room to veg out.

It's been a fun summer, but a busy one. I kept all three kids home with me on Mondays and Fridays and then had individual days with each one in between. I wouldn't change a thing about this summer...I also wouldn't want to do it all year long. Props to the real S.A.H.M.s (and D.s) out there! You're amazing...but I'm ready to head back into the classroom routine.

Now...one little secret for you: This post is a victim of circumstance. I'm so out of practice blogging I forgot to verify that the Wubster Birthday Post I finished typing ten minutes ago auto saved before I hit 'Publish' and the blogger gods laughed in my face with their "Oops...that link appears to be broken" practical joke.

For those of you who might be a bit slow...it didn't.

It's gone.

It was good, too.

Epic.

Novel worthy.

Now I'm just left with the early detritus of my first draft.

It sucks, too.

Epic.

Round file worthy.

I'll just try again tomorrow...if my motivation doesn't get tucked into bed with The Wubster, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment