Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RTT: That's Not an Elephant, It's Just You

randomtuesday

Being ripped from glorious slumber at 4:40 a.m. by one of the kids (or some other random creature who's crawled into bed with you) can be aggravating, but there's nothing like the glory of a 4:40 a.m. phone call letting you know school has been cancelled. Unless, of course, you're the wife of a teacher who still has to work...then your only glory is the knowledge that your husband will be stuck at home with three kids under the age of 5 who will simultaneously stage meltdowns about 30 minutes after you walk out the door...ha ha, SUCKER!

I really hope the boys will go out sledding with me after their naps. Last snowstorm they decided they'd rather play in the basement...weirdos. At least I'll get to frolic in the snow while shovelling the driveway!

Did I mention I love living where 2" of perfectly timed snow will get you out of work for the day? Did I mention I miss the snow days of yore when I could wake up and lounge around the house all day?
Last night Mini-Me asked an important question before bed:
What's a nightmare, daddy?
It's a bad dream, bud.
Oh...'cause  Cole (his best friend at school) said a nightmare was a good dream.
Well, we usually call bad dreams nightmares and good dreams sweet dreams.
Oh, okay...but Cole said if you have a bad nightmare then you go downstairs and get in bed with your mommy and daddy and they give you a hug and a kiss and you go back upstairs and get in bed and have good nightmares.
That's interesting...
I don't have dreams, daddy.
Sure you do, bud, you just don't remember them.
No. I don't dream.
Most everybody dreams, buddy. We just do it while we're sleeping, so we don't always remember.
Weeellll, daddy. I don't dream. I just lie in bed and think.
Oh yeah? What do you think about?
Playing Lego Batman. And playing at school. And mommy.
Well, when you fall asleep, you probably dream about that stuff, too.
I don't think so, daddy, I just think about it before I fall asleep. I don't know how to dream.
We'll work on it, buddy. We'll work on it.
After the dream conversation with Mini-Me I woke up with memories of a crazy dream in which our elder Golden Retriever, Gracie, had a huge hole in the middle of her body. She was fine. Still ate, played, barked, etc., but was missing her mid-torso. Anyone want to analyze that dream for me?

I found out the other day that Tom Hanks doesn't lend his voice to the toy and video game manifestations of Toy Story and The Polar Express. You know who does? His brother, Jim, who's also been providing the voice of Geoffery the Toy's R Us giraffe since 2001. Sweet gig!

What was going through Adam West's and Burt Ward's minds each day they put on those tights?

Ninja: 1 -  Doug's thumb: 0

Greatest invention ever? I'd vote for it...this thing rocks our kitchen! And to think, I let it sit unused for the first year I had it. Now we use it almost every day! If you don't have one, add it to your wish list...you won't regret it.

Cabin fever is sweeping through Noisy Little Adventureland. Mini-Me's been parading around shirtless and sockless spouting "Here's Johnny!" over and over. I hope some sledding will help. If not...I certainly hope the snow packs into lovely little aerodynamic snowballs. How fast can a four-year-old run in full snow gear?

Visit The Un-Mom for more Random Tuesday Thoughts!

What are you waiting for?

Go!

Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment