Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Feel Like a Quote Out of Context, Witholding the Rest, So I Can Be For You What You Want to See

randomtuesday

"They're predicting measurable snow again [today and tomorrow]...I'll just say it once more: it's nice living in a place where perfectly timed snow will get us out of school for a day...it's [never] too early for the snow dance, [the boys have perfected it]."

I feel like a broken record...thus, I've decided to just quote myself [with minor corrections] since we're staring Snowmaggedopocalypsahanukwanzakah in the face tomorrow. What a crazy winter!

We anticipated the cabin fever as soon as we heard about the storm, so on Sunday we wrangled the kids away from destroying the house and took them to the top of the Gateway Arch:


 


My favorite part of the video is that I captured another first for Mickey (TKNTD)...her first game of I'm NOT Touching You [But Actually I Am] with The Wubster. She shows signs of being a natural. The boys better watch out on our future road trips.

Anybody else have creepy toys around the house that make noise or play music randomly without anyone touching them? We've got one that's been seriously creeping me out the past couple of days. Sure, I could switch it completely off or remove the batteries, but sometimes it's fun to be creeped out by ghosts playing with children's toys.

Last night I had the opportunty to see Ben Folds in concert, thus completing my [current] Buckickdrum List of Musicians I MUST See Live Before One of Us Is No Longer Able to Perform. So far my complete list reads as follows [in no particular order]:
  • Ben Folds
  • Jack Johnson
  • R.E.M.
  • Tom Petty
  • The Monkees
  • Bob Schneider
  • Todd Snider
  • Lisa Loeb
  • Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
  • Ralph's World
  • Weird Al Yankovic [What? The concert f'n rocked!]
 This is by no means a complete list of all the bands I've seen...that list includes The Cardigans, whom I'm too embarassed to say I...oh, damn, that slipped out. I actually went because Ben Lee opened for them and he's amazing. My sister went, too...She was in 8th or 9th grade at the time and I was home from college...For some reason my dad drove us...And stayed...Lurking in the shadows at the back of the club...Wonder what that was like? Probably better than parents who have to go along to Justin Bieber concerts. At least I didn't make him take us to see NKOTB...yet!

Well, if you're anywhere near the Blizzard of 2011, stay warm n' cozy and may your Snowmaggedopocalypsahanukwanzakah be merry and bright! For the rest of you...get back to work!

Thanks to The Un-Mom for the randomness...before your boss comes in and sees you reading blogs while your TPS reports sit unfiled, hop on over there for some more Random Tuesday Fun!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! Half of my son's toys will randomly start making sounds when I swear they're off or have been inactive for a good ten minutes. Toys will take over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Nagger has a Furby my aunt sent her that randomly wakes up and starts chattering when no one is near it. It even freaks the dogs out! :)

    RTT: Snow, Ice, Dinos, Snuggie Envy

    ReplyDelete