Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Teach His Kids, Too

The house in Texas where I grew up had a long hallway that ran from the front foyer to the master bedroom. This set-up provided the perfect opportunity for my sister and I to host gymnastic 'competitions' in which we'd run from the living room, leap across the front foyer, sprint down the hallway, hang a quick right, regain speed, and somersault onto our parents' bed. Of course, we only did this when we were home alone. Mom and dad...if you're reading this post and you remember back to times when your bed seemed askew...sorry about that, but it was all in the name of good cardio!

Tonight, The Wubster and I spent a half hour tumbling on my bed. It all started with me helping him with his somersaults as bribery for quickly putting on pajamas, but it ended in a fit of giggles as he apparently thinks me somersaulting across the bed is hilarious. When Mini-Me got home from his soccer game, I showed him what The Wubster and I were doing. He's mastered the somersault and was less than amused by mine, but he demonstrated amazing prowess at leaping over me as I barrel-rolled back and forth across the bed.

Guess I won't be able to get mad in a few years when we come home to discover the monkeys have been jumping on our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment