Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Toss the Mortarboard!

Two years ago, Mini-Me stood stone-faced and timid in front of the crowd of smiling parents while surrounded by his singing, dancing classmates.

Twenty-some-odd years ago I stood in front of a crowd of smiling parents timidly mouthing the words along with my singing, dancing classmates.

One year ago, Mini-Me stood stone-faced and timid in front of the crowd of smiling parents while singing along with his classmates. Oh, and while rolling his Green Lantern ring in the bottom edge of his shirt and letting it unroll and clink across the stage.

Three years ago I stood on stage in front of a crowd of semi-interested teenagers at our first Writers Week, played guitar and sang an original song.

Tonight, Mini-Me stood smiling and brave in front of a crowd of smiling parents while singing and dancing along with his classmates at his preschool graduation ceremony. He then stepped to the front of the stage and held the American Flag for the Pledge of Allegiance song. (I know!!! I can't believe it either!)

Tonight I stood proudly behind a crowd of smiling parents while tearing up over the fact that Mini-Me has grown up so much. He's progressing beyond his stage fright faster than his dad did.

I'm so proud of you, buddy! You're going to love Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment