Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Month of Letters

Dear November,

If you haven't noticed, I decided to use you and your NaBloPoMo (sister to NaNoWriMo) challenge to write some letters.

As you approached, I realized I hadn't been taking full advantage of my knowledge of English, Qwerty keyboards, and Internet-based publishing technology. I also hadn't properly thanked the important nouns in my life.

November...you are one of my important nouns. You mean so much to me in this moment. Heck. I'm even thankful for you.

I hope you don't mind me saying so, November, but right now...at 3:05 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8, 2011...I think you're pretty special. Even when you're gloomy and damp like the past couple days.

Actually, November, I was so surprised to see you when you showed up on my doorstep the other morning. It's hard to fathom that it's been nearly a year since we last spent time together. After you didn't call me back I moved on. But, alas, time flies as time is wont to do, and we should make the most of your visit.

Just one request, November...keep your pants on this time.

Yours truly,

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment