Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brotherly Love

Daddy! The Wubster hit me! Put him in time out, please!
MINE!!!
Nooooooo, Wubster!!!! NOOOOO!!!
'ini-'e, noooo, is mine! MIIIIIINNNEEEE!!! ME WANT IT!!!!
hrmph *awkward shoulder sulking*...DADDY!!! The Wubster's not being nice!!! I NEVER GET TO PLAY WITH THAT TOY!!!
The boys' bickering drives me crazy some times. There's nothing abnormal about it, though. Nothing at all. When The Wubster wants to play with a toy, amazingly it just so happens to be the same toy Mini-Me wants. Of course, it doesn't matter whose toy it actually is or if it's one that hasn't been touched in months, once the bickering begins the apocolypse would be a welcome relief.

But then there are days like today when the boys show how much they truly love each other and how well they can get along. We've been struggling with The Wubster's regression and stubborn refusal to potty train and have been trying a reward system where he earns stickers each time he 'goes', which can then be exchanged for a variety of prizes.

Apparently Mini-Me's noticed and took it upon himself to help at preschool today:
Daddy! I made The Wubster a picture today. It's got twenty circles on it so he just needs to go potty and he can put the stickers right here and he can earn his prize. He can do it, daddy, I know he can. Wubster, look! I made you this picture for your potty stickers! Can I hang it in the bathroom, daddy!?! Wubster, you wanna go potty and get a sticker right now? Daddy can I have some tape? C'mon, Wubster! Daddy! He pottied! I'm giving him a sticker!
I guess they'll get along af...
NooooOOOO, Wubster!!! Don't put the sticker THERE!! DAAAAAADDDDYYYY!!! The Wubster's not putting the sticker on the circles!!!! WUBSTER!!!!
                                                      ...ter all.

No comments:

Post a Comment