Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts? They've been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft.

Keely, the Empress of Random, is on hiatus, but many of us are still purging our randomness. There's a memorial service taking place as we blog over at Us and Them.

What's red and smells like blue paint?

The boys wormed their way into our bed pre-sunshine Saturday morning and proceeded to wake up on the wrong side of the middle of our bed with their feet firmly planted in my back. It was lovely. I couldn't handle the crying anymore (mine or theirs) so I started telling knock-knock jokes. It's like black magic! They were giggling and snorting and our prospects for a happy weekend looked much better. And since it wasn't even 6am yet, there was plenty of weekend to be had.

What's that? You want to know their favorite knock-knock joke? Well, you have to participate...
Knock Knock
...?
Banana.
...?
Knock Knock
...?
Banana.
...?
Knock Knock
...?
Banana
...?
Knock Knock
...?
Orange.
...?
Orange ya glad I didn't say banana!!!!
That gets 'em every time!

Of course, my arsenal of knock-knock jokes is limited, so we've been repeating the same five or six lately. I could certainly find some online, but I want tried and true, field tested knock-knock jokes for the boys...I'm hoping you'll share some personal faves.

A few days ago, after a rousing level of Wii Lego Star Wars, Mini-Me was reminding me of the awesomeness of our adventure:
Dad! Remember how we got the power brick and then the tough guys kept getting us and we couldn't get away but then we did get away and then we finished the level and we unlocked that one guy, what's his name?
Frank?
No! Not Frank! The green guy?
Kermit the Frog?
Noooo...the green guy who talks funny.
Ralph Nader?
Who? No, daddy...Yoda. We unlocked Yoda. That was fun, daddy. Can we keep playing Lego Star Wars even when I get older? I can live in the basement and we can play Lego Star Wars. We can play forever then. I can just always live here and we...
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Oh, yeah...red paint.

1 comment:

  1. I get recaps about the Lego video games form my oldest--often without reference. I have to stop him and have him explain which game, level and characters he's talking about. Those games are great.

    ReplyDelete