Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An Addiction to Cake?

Based on conversations during after-school pick-ups, I've come to the conclusion that Mini-Me and his friends are addicted to birthday parties. It’s all they talk about!

Earlier in the fall our father-son "How was school today!?!" conversations were pretty standard:
How was school today?
Fine.
Di'ja do anything fun?
I don't remember.
What'd you play with?
I don't remember.
What'd you have for lunch?
I don't remember. 
Lately, though, I'm regaled with tales of playground exploits centered around birthday invites.
Daddy, "April" said I can come to her birthday party.
Daddy, "Christian" was mean to me on the playground today. I don't want him to come to my birthday party.
Daddy, today "Willson" said I could come to his birthday party, but I had to get him a good present.
Daddy, today "Lacey" said I was a silly boy. It hurt my feelings. I don't want to go to her birthday party now.
Daddy, I told "Alex" he could come to my birthday party, but then I asked him if he had any super hero toys and he said no. I’m not going to invite him to my birthday party now
Turns out, birthday parties are preschool crack...all it takes is one and they're hooked!

1 comment:

  1. "birthday parties are preschool crack... all it takes is one and they're hooked!"

    Classic noisylittleadventures!

    ReplyDelete