Monday, November 29, 2010

Where'd November Go?

Wow...here we are in the waning hours of November and, thus, my 11-minute blogging challenge is coming to a close. It's hard to believe I'll write my 30th consecutive post tomorrow.

It hasn't been an easy month of blogging. There were definitely times I struggled for at least 11 minutes to think of a topic before setting the timer which I then ignored.Thanks to Mini-Me, The Wubster, and SheWhoseNameWillBeMadeOfficialTomorrowInASweepsWeekStyleEndingToTheNovemberChallenge it never took long to come up with something. It helped that, like the cliche about Midwestern weather, "If you don't have something to write about the kids, just wait a minute and they'll change that." My little tornado-muses tore through the house, embedding story-fodder in the walls and across the floors. Those stains may never come out.

As this challenge draws to a close, I've started debating where to go from here. Daily posts are awesome for readers, but I'm hoping to settle into a weekly schedule. If that upsets you, never fear, because I won't be doing that until January. In December crazybastard66, Dougy, and I will be challenging each other to write daily, OneWord style. We're each contributing ten or so words and we'll draw one randomly each day to inspire our writing. Interesting? Let's hope so.

P.S. I can't leave the post without a quote from tonight...we decided to take the kids for a drive through the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. Midway through the adventure Rach said something 'silly' and here's what followed:
Me: Mini-Me, tell mommy she's 'redonkulous'!
Mini-Me: Mommy, you're a donkey!
The Wubster: A donkey [he repeats the last two words of every sentence said near him]
Rach: I'm not a donkey! If I'm a donkey, do you know what that makes you!?!
Us: Uncontrollable giggling
Mini-Me: Not a donkey?
The Wubster: A donkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment