Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why Are We Marching?

WE ARE ANTS!!! The one and only Ralph Covert and friends (aka Ralph's World) were back in town today, so we took the boys down to Off Broadway for the 11am show. This was our second time seeing Ralph at Off Broadway(SheWhoDoesn'tYetLikeAmplifiedMusic stayed at home with grandma this time...she enjoyed the last one in utero) and fourth time total for Mini-Me, Rach and I. I'm pretty partial to the concerts at Blueberry Hill's Duck Room, but today was a rockin' (if not entirely raucous) good time:
  • We talked to Ralph before the show...well, I talked, the boys played shy and Mini-Me waited until we walked away to say, "Daddy, I wanted to tell him about my [umm, excuse me, son...that's MINE] electric guitar."
  • Both boys danced, eventually...The Wubster mainly in Rach's arms.
  • We were reminded Mini-Me loves attention (this is the kid who's worn Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman costumes to Busch Stadium), but pretends like he doesn't: "Daddy, I don't want to dance...nobody else is....Daddy, why's [the lead guitarist] keep looking at me when I dance?"
  • Mini-Me fell in love with Maris, a girl who got on stage and told a joke (Knock Knock! Who's there? StinkyPinkyUnderwear!)...what's not to love!
  • The Wubster fell in love with the water cooler and little cups at the back of the venue.
  • Mini-Me participated in a 'caterpillar dance line,' but was upset he was behind a random boy and not Maris.
  • I barely hesitated to jump on stage with the band again for 'Abby's Alphabet Soup', but this time The Wubster whined until he got to join me, which made for more technically-challenged letter formations.
  • When Mini-Me made it on stage for the last two songs, he summoned his inner wall flower and hid motionless behind the bass player (you can see the guy looking at him in the picture above).
It was certainly more fun than our first show at Off Broadway when the loud music scared The Wubster and Mini-Me hunkered himself down in my lap with a scowl on his face and refused to dance. If you notice Ralph's coming to your neck of the woods, we highly recommend checking him out...kids or not!

1 comment:

  1. StinkyPinkyUnderwear!)...what's not to love!

    Is this a rhetorical question?

    ReplyDelete