Friday, November 12, 2010

Think Fast!

I've been grading essays furiously (and by furiously I don't mean fast...I mean angrily. I'm angry that I've procrastinated enough the past few weeks that I'm grading most of my Friday night away instead of doing something cool like dishes...or cleaning up toys...or changing the cat litter...you know, awesome weekend man stuff) for the past few hours and I stopped long enough to realize that I'd almost run out of time to get my 11-minute post done for the day.

Whew...close call!

The only problem is that the synapses of my overtired brain are barely firing and I don't know what to write about for the next few minutes...

The Wubster and I played catch the past two nights before bed. The kid can toss a ball around for quarter-hours at a time! Not only is his focus on one activity impressive, but the kid can catch and throw way better than Mini-Me and almost as well as SheWhoReallyCan'tThrowButIFeltTheNeedToNameDrop.

Mini-Me's certainly improved his throwing skills since the beginning of summer when he wore his left-handed glove on his right hand and consistently stepped left, threw left, but he's still lacking in the hand-eye coordination needed for catching. The Wubster, though...he gets it. He uses his body, his hands, his head...whatever it takes to get the ball. And don't even try to sit down to play catch with the Wubster...

UP!!!
But, Wubster, if I kneel down I'm on your level...
UP 'EASE!!!
Don't you want...
UPPY!!!
But this way I can...
UUUUUPPPP!!!!
At this point, I'd wager that he'll be more athletic than Mini-Me. He might also end up being a drill sergeant...he's so motivating!

Don't worry, though, kind reader(s)...Mini-Me will still play sports. He'll just excel in wearing the uniforms. They'll be perfect...complete with all the proper belts, capes, and helmets that a uniform should have. And they'll stay nice and clean during games because he'll put another set of clothes on top of them.

Why are you wearing two pairs of pants?
Well you see, daddy...these are my Batman pants...and these are my Bruce Wayne pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment