Monday, November 15, 2010

Short, but Sweet: An Actual 11-Minute Post!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Ah-ONE!
Ah-TWO!
Ah-THREE...CRUNCH!

Tonight, I watched Mini-Me and The Wubster joyfully devour a Tootsie Pop and a Dum-Dum, respectively, and I realized that, while my boys may never get a chance to see an owl eat a Tootsie Pop, they're carrying on his philosophy.

There's no convincing them to savor their sugary treats...

Hey, Wubster! Take it easy...lick the sucker. You don't have to chomp it.
Otay...CRUNCH! [he mumbles as green drool pours from his mouth like blood from a zombie mindlessly devouring...brains]
Mini-Me! Same thing, dude...don't bite it...lick it. Enjoy it...
Okay daddy...CRUNCH...but I am enjoying it...CRUNCH CRUNCH!
What's a dad who prefers savoring to crunching to do? A wise old owl once told me, "If you can't beat 'em...CRUNCH 'em!"

1 comment: