Wednesday, December 22, 2010

D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E

I need a latte...a cappuccino...and tonight I had some Chocovino.

Seriously...on all counts.

I had my doubts about the Chocovino the first time I saw it, but Rach received a bottle as a gift from a coworker, so we gave it a try while we enjoyed our 9pm steak dinners (that's not some newfangled cut-o-beef, it's just the only time we can sit down and enjoy dinner together these days) and watched Date Night.

I was pleasantly surprised...on all counts.

I really need the coffee as I'm trying to type this because I was up until 2 a.m. this morning preparing food to take to Mini-Me's teachers. I decided to try making my own french bread, which ended up being fairly easy, but time consuming as I had to stay awake through multiple rises [that's what she said].

The effort and lack of sleep was totally worth it, though, because the bread turned out fantastic...on all counts (I don't even know how that phrase fits here, but isn't parallel structure awesome!?!)

Even The Wubster loved the bread. He saw it sitting on the stove top this morning, actually asked for it specifically, and, since I wanted to try a bite, too, I cut off a small piece. He wandered off, proud of his yeasty prize.

I made sure Mini-Me was set with his breakfast and then went to get dressed. Several minutes later, I hear Rach yelling, "You don't want to guess what The Wubster is doing!"

When I walked into Mickey (TKNTD)'s room, The Wubster was in her rocking chair with his hands caressing an entire loaf of french bread and his mouth gnawing away like a dog with a rawhide.
Wubster! What are you doing!?!
Mmmhmm mhhmmmhmnn
Let me see..AH! That's not even the one I already sliced!
Mmnn Hmm nmmm mmmhhHHmmm
That's the perfect loaf! How'd you?!?
Mmmnn mmmhhhmmm nnmmna aammnhh
Seriously! I can't believe you...give me that!
[How do you effectively write out a mega-tantrum?]
Okay, okay, okay...calm down! I'll tear you off a hunk of this since it's already mangled...
*Sniff* *Sniff*
Here...
Mmmnn aaammhhhnnHHMMM MMHHmmnnnhh
Yeah, whatever...
I walked the rest of the loaf back into the kitchen and moved everything that was left out of The Wubster's reach.
Hey, Mini-Me...did you see The Wubster take that?
Yeah.
Did you think it was something he should have?
Umm...No. I knew he shouldn't have it.
Why didn't you tell us he had it?
Well, you see, I had to finish my Frosted Flakes.
Oh...okay. Thanks.
No problem, daddy.
Where's that coffee? Never mind, hand me more Chocovino.

No comments:

Post a Comment