Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The World is Wild and Bright

It's time for something new, what with this being the first day of the last month of the year. Why wait until January when everyone else starts making resolutions when we can make some changes now!?!

Not that I'm changing much.

I've enjoyed writing this past month, so I decided there'd be no better way to keep the fun going then to invite my coworkers/writing group buddies/awesome friends along for the ride. As I mentioned a couple posts ago, CrazyBastard66 and Dougy's Musings will be joining me in a OneWord-style challenge throughout the month of December. We each added ten words (or so) to a bowl from which I'll draw every day to provide our topic/inspiration/muse/headache. We didn't share the words in advance, so two-thirds of us will be 'surprised' by each draw. We also didn't establish any guidelines in terms of length or time limits, but we did establish that the word serving as inspiration must be used at least once in either the title or the body of the post. We also decided that, on the rare chance two of us might have selected the same word, the repeated word would be replaced by the current word on OneWord. If the current word on OneWord is the same as the repeated word, duck and cover the place is gonna blow!

So, what's the word tonight, you ask?

I've already told you. It's right there in front of you.

Since I'm nerding out and rushing to be the first to post, tonight, I'll be able to sit back and await the magic that's on its way. While I'm half entertaining The Wubster and half watching Mini-Me adjust his thigh-high soccer socks at practice, I'll be checking my phone for signs of tonight's other posts. As I'm settling my brain for a short winter's nap, I won't be dreaming of sugar plums, tonight--I'll be dreaming of a magical world where kids take long winter's naps...and a month of triply-exciting blog posts, of course.

Tonight's gonna be awesome!

Tonight's the start of something special!

Tonight's gonna change the world!

No pressure, guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment