Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Seren-Deputy Dog Dog a Ding Dang Depadepa

D-Random Tuesday
O-Oh that doesn't start with 'D'
N-no one knows this song
Apostrophe T-but he keeps going

Don't don't don't run away
I promise I'll stop
Just as soon as I complete the chorus
And get this outta my system.

randomtuesday

Aaaahhhh...much better.

Any fans of They Might Be Giants will love that at least have "Don't Let's Start" in their head now. The rest of you should download it in order to lead a more complete life. If you don't like it on first listen, I can sing along and it'll make everything better!

Do you ever think back to the moments when you first discovered a favorite band/song/CD? A friend of mine gave me a cassette copy of They Might Be Giant's Flood in 1991 and I was hooked. TMBG became an important part of the soundtrack of my teenage years. Every time I hear a song from that album, I'm awash in memories, feelings, emotions. I sang "Birdhouse In Your Soul" to Mini-Me in the car the other day. He was unimpressed.
That song rocks, right, bud!?!
Yeah. I guess.
No, really, that was almost as good as 'Oh Yeah' (aka 'A-Punk'), right!?!
Not really, daddy.
Last week I watched REM on Austin City Limits. Talk about another rush of memories...I knew some REM songs in the late 80s/early 90s, but it wasn't until college that they, too, became part of my soundtrack. I was going to have the boys watch it again with me and we'd have a dance party, but I decided not to unimpress them.

I love the serendipity that comes from searching iTunes recommendations or listening to Pandora stations. It makes my iPod and credit card statement fuller.

My grades are done. I should be planning for next semester. Nah.

Sushi for lunch with coworkers = BEST LAST DAY OF FIRST SEMESTER EVER!

Why do some people buy frighteningly realistic preschooler-sized Santa decorations and give them to people with frighteningly realistic preschoolers?

Tomorrow we're making lunch for Mini-Me's (and The Wubster's starting in January!!!) teachers. I'm going to try making my own french bread to go with the lasagna and bagged salad I've already got a handle on. We've offered to take over the classrooms so the teachers can eat together. I'm taking The Gruffalo and Bear Stays Up for Christmas to read (to myself) while Rach deals with the kids. I may stay and join the kids for nap time.

Christmas is four days away? Thank goodness for the As Seen On TV store...I still have time to pick up Rachel's gifts!

Speaking of ASOTV...Mini-Me's paying attention to commercials now. I walked into the living room one morning earlier this week while he was watching Adam West in all his Batman glory...
Daddy! Let's get that for mommy! It's called the InStyler...it'll help make her hair beautiful and full! Her other hair things might burn her hair!
Okay.
It's got a brush on it and it spins.
Wow.
You have to order now, daddy!
I'm on it.
Really, daddy. She needs it!
I handed him the phone and his mom's credit card (what? Mine's for iTunes).

Significant Winter storm expected to impact our area beginning late Thursday into Christmas Eve. Sweet! White Christmas! Unsweetened...my parents are driving back from Austin on Thursday. Safe travels Grammie and Poppy and to anyone else travelling this weekend!

Is it sushi time, yet!?!

Happy Random Tuesday everyone! Thanks, again, to Keely at The Un-Mom! Go visit and join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment