Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just Two Bites

I did!
Those weren't bites...you barely touched the spoon to your lips.
No, daddy, I did. I did take two bites.
Let me see you take another.
But I did already!
Those weren't bites.
They were! I bit them!
A real bite, buddy!
It was real bites, daddy!
I'm not a picky eater. I love all food. Well, most food. I don't like Brussels sprouts...or beets...or liver.

Mini-Me, though? Yeah...he definitely takes after his mother.

I try to introduce the family to a variety of gastronomical delights (last night's chicken korma was a miss for everyone but me, tonight's Italian beef was 3/5ths of a hit), but Mini-Me fights against change like Tyson fights ears: he takes one bite and he's done.

Mickey (TKNTD), has just recently started solid smashed foods. So far, we've introduced her to the sauce of apples, bashed bananas, pummelled pumpkins, and smushed sweet potatoes. She devours it all. Two years ago, The Wubster did the same. Four years ago, Mini-Me.

Somewhere along the way, though, Mini-Me's taste buds changed. They latched on to bean & cheese tacos, deli turkey, peanut butter & jelly, corn dogs, lasagna, and chocolate chip pancakes. If I'm serving anything else, Mini-Me's not interested...unless, of course, it's a sugary delight.

The Wubster's remained a much more adventurous eater. He likes everything Mini-Me likes, but he also loves salsa (despite screaming and dousing his tongue with milk after each bite), anything aus jus, pecans & other mixed nuts, and coffee. He'll eat almost everything, especially if it's in sandwich form and is technically yours. The Wubster even prefers fruits and veggies to dessert! That's my boy!

I know I became an adventurous eater as I got older and was introduced to more variety, so I have high hopes for Mini-Me.

Until then, I'll keep being adventurous in the kitchen and The Wubster and I are going to enjoy not having to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment