Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Flibbertiwhat?

While scrolling through blog posts this morning I discovered (via Beta Dad) The Un Mom's Random Tuesday Thoughts campaign during which participants "just spew out a bunch of random thoughts, bits and bobs that aren't big enough to make their own blog post...etc." I filed it away as something fun to try some day.

Then I randomly decided to have a student draw our WordADay December word. He drew "flibbertigibbet."

Yeah...flibbertigibbet.

My first thought? Who's making up words?
Second? To the Interweb!
Flibbertigibbet: \fli-bər-tē-ˈji-bət\
n. A silly, scatterbrained, or garrulous person.
Word Origin: 1540s, "chattering gossip, flighty woman," probably a nonsense word meant to sound like fast talking; as the name of a devil or fiend it dates from c.1600.
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to be random!

Mini-Me's becoming a Lego fan. My mom got the boys each a standard candy-filled advent calendar, but she gave me (okay, the boys) a Lego advent calendar. Mini-Me wasn't too interested at first, but once a plane came out of day two and that plane could be made into a "Bat Plane" after day six, he was hooked. Initially, I did all of the building, but fourteen days in and he can look at the picture and build each day's creation...before disassembling it and adding to his fleet of Batjets and Robinjets.

Speaking of Legos...he's getting better at Wii Lego Batman, too. Watching him figure out how to use his thumbs to manipulate the joystick and move the character onscreen has been fun. Remind me I said this in a few years when all he wants to do is play video games.

I hate loving you, Christmas Cookies. You're so tasty and delicious and plentiful. You need to go away, but do it on your own. If I make you go away it doesn't help the problem.

The Wubster's home sick again, today. Mood's great...just spewing from the other end. You're welcome for that randomness. Thank you Grandma Abby for adjusting your schedule!

Rach and Mickey (TKNTD) are on their way to Wisconsin for a funeral. I wish them safe travels and promise the house (and boys) will be in one piece when they return. GUYS' NIGHT IN!!! Those Christmas cookies won't stand a chance!

Tomorrow night's the preschool Christmas concert. Last year, Mini-Me stood frozen on stage. At the first concert this year he actually sang. I have high hopes for tomorrow's performance! I may let The Wubster run the video camera.

I really should be grading and, yet, here I am blathering on about randomness like some flibbertigibbet. Geez!




randomtuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment