Friday, December 31, 2010

For Auld Lang Syne, My Dear, For Auld Lang Syne!

Well, we made it.
Made it through another year and made it through a second straight month-long writing challenge.
Whew!
Our final word for December's challenge is fortuitous. It's a fitting word for a day like today.
Portions of the metro area were rocked by major spring-like storms today, including a tornado that danced it's destructive boogaloo through my aunt and uncle's neighborhood before sashaying miles away down WordADay December challenge participant, Chris's street, luckily only damaging property and not people. I know they all feel fortuitous tonight, despite the day's unexpected turn.

I, too, am feeling especially fortuitous as we close out 2010. In January, The Wubster had a successful heart procedure and he's doing phenomenally; in March, I helped organize a second, amazing Writers Week; in May, we welcomed Mickey (TKNTD) into our lives, completing our family; June and July was spent with the whole family at home...something that may never happen again; August brought the start of my eleventh year of teaching and some more amazing seniors; in November, I had the opportunity to present Writers Week, along with three other amazing folks, at the National Council of Teachers of English conference; I closed out the year with two straight months of daily writing after a lengthy hiatus; and tonight I'm wearing a light jacket on New Year's Eve while watching all three kids enjoy the annual local fireworks display.

It's been a good year, despite the normal hiccups life brings us. Check that...it's been a great year!

Of course, I'm certainly looking forward to the Noisy Little Adventures 2011 will bring.

Thank you for joining me here in the blogosphere. I wish you and yours a healthy and fortuitous new year!

See you on the other side!

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment