Monday, December 13, 2010

You're a Mean One...

At the risk of getting a big-ass paper cut that lasts several days from my buddy, Chris, I wish I could be more apathetic some times.

Mini-Me's favorite thing to say when he's over-tired and we tell him something other than what he wants to hear is some variation of "You're mean."

It doesn't matter that he's
a.) not listening
b.) screaming
c.) waking up his siblings
d.) throwing toys
e.) all of the above and then some
                                        he's not being mean. Just us.

When he gets bored of arguing meanness, he'll switch to "I don't like you" or, if I've really 'been mean,' "I don't love you anymore." No amount of my logic can help him adjust his logic. And that's when I wish I was more apathetic.

I know he's only four, Rach reminds me of that all the time, but it still bothers me, especially after we have nights like tonight, when we apparently weren't mean at all, Mini-Me was his lovable and adorable self, and bedtime was a breeze.  

No comments:

Post a Comment