Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Adore Mi Amor

The moment I drew today's word from the 'hat' I started singing. Fortunately for my students, it wasn't out loud.

In my head, though, I couldn't shake the familiar notes of Color Me Badd.

That's right...that group of AWESOMENESS from the late 80s and 90s whose hits rocked the musical landscape of my youth. To add to the group's cool factor, Color Me Badd hailed from the OC...no, not that OC...Oklahoma City. Yep, THE Oklahoma City. The city synonymous with R&B...rodeos and bull riding.

I'm not too proud to admit that I adored Color Me Badd back in the day. There might even be a few pictures around that show me as a naive high schooler dressed in CMB-style vivid yellow t-shirt under bold green short-sleeve button-up with the sleeves rolled to reveal that vivid yellow...all that was missing was the cool factor.

I'll even admit that we still have a couple CMB albums in our mega-CD changer. Heck, I'll even tell you that we've been known to listen to those albums on occasion...the 'Random' function of the CD changer apparently also adores CMB.

Rach is the bigger fan. She admits to seeing Color Me Badd and Paula Abdul in concert. I told her not to let me type that, but she was too tired to stop me.

Now the truth is out.

Don't punish our kids for their parents' transgressions.

2 comments:

  1. Color Me Badd and Paula Abdul together?!? Oh-Ma-GAWD! You nabbed a party girl, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ain't no shame in Color Me Badd! I still bust out that CD on occasion (at least it's not on cassette). The only negative...it proves we're old...our students have probably never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete