Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dare Double Dare Double Double Dog Dare

They're getting there.

It hasn't happened, yet, but it's coming.

Mini-Me and The Wubster are getting bolder. And stronger. And more imaginative.

Our furniture is no longer for sitting. It's for standing. And jumping, bouncing, wrestling. Everything but sitting.

And couch cushions? They don't belong on the couch, they belong on the floor. To protect from lava. And sharks. And crocodiles.

It hasn't happened, yet, but it's coming.

Mini-Me and The Wubster are getting bolder. And stronger. And more imaginative.

We moved the sectional in our living room to open up the area for Sunday with Santa. The boys and the cats noticed immediately. When putting it all back, we decided to break apart the sectional to freshen up the room's layout. The boys and the cats love it.

Mini-Me has contemplated leaping from couch to couch. He's tested the sturdiness of their arms for gymnastics routines.

It hasn't happened, yet, but it's coming.

Mini-Me and The Wubster are getting bolder. And stronger. And more imaginative.

Soon they'll dare each other to defy gravity.

Soon they'll test the structural bounds of our home.

I yelled at first. I'm a grown up now, you see. I paid for that furniture.*

I forgot what it's like to be faced by such challenges.

Instead of yelling, maybe I should lead the way. I've already scaled these mountains, sailed these oceans, crossed these lava pits. I know the rugged terrain. I know the joy in victory.

But I won't.

I wouldn't dare.

Rach would get mad.**

3 comments:

  1. *Technically, Rach paid for it and I just watched.

    **Rach wouldn't get mad. She'd laugh when I got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see Rach mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach getting mad...that doesn't happen, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete